Friday, November 26, 2010

Alas, My Life

To be, or not to be? To go, or not to go? To stay, or not to stay? Alas, my life begs for direction. It longs for something i don't have, that is desicion.

I'm still in NY. I was supposed to be headed home soon, but i dont know now. The friend that was supposed to come and get me on sunday, has sense came up with other plans and i don't think is an option. He has to drop his friend in DC and there isn't room for me in the truck. I could try and get to DC, but that in itself requires so much more effort (a ride into the city :$20.00 + a subway ticket 3.00 + bus to DC $30.00 = $53.00 not to mention i'd be having to load, unload, and carry all of my bags and guitar all over NYC then arrive in DC where i'd have to wait to be picked up again. Uh. I'm exausted. I found a train that leaves from where i am on monday at 9pm and arrives seventeen hours later in Savannah GA for $195.00 or if i stay here another week, i could get the same train at a special rate $85.00. Niether of which i'm excited about. I don't want to spend 195.00, but i don't want to have to stay another week. I'm working here at this crooked candy shop in New Paltz NY now, and could come home with more money in my pocket if i waited.... but there are two jobs in Savannah I want to be there for that are openning up for hire this week. If i'm not there, i'm not going to get either. Oh, the options.

Anyway, i want to tell you about my time here. I'll worry about getting home later.

New Palts is a beautiful city. I'm glad i came and got to experience another part of the US and see an old friend. It's a complete hippy town and everyone has been super geat to me. Some of the girls took me hiking, around town, bar hopping and just hanging out on main st.
There is a place here called the gardens; just a big field where farmers rent a plot, 12x12 or whatever and plant things. The travelers are alloud to go by and hellp harvest for food and keep the over run unkept food for themselves. The's also good camping near by.

I spent a lot of time just chillin' on Main St. with my guitar talking to other local bored hippies. lol like this guy>>> Andrew is one of the local artists. Cool guy.
This is a good shot of the strip. I played at this cafe'.

The rail trail was fun. It connects three citys here. New Paltz is in the center. It's beautiful during the day and is quite the party spot at night (no it's not leagal to be there at night, but no one seems to care).

Me and and an awesome girl named Emily wondered all day on the rail trail this past wednesday and decided to take a shortcut. lol we wondered up into this guys farm. they didn't say anything... but we noticed the "trespass and your dead signs" after we let ourselves out of their gate. 

Then there was the Four Loco party. Ha, JUST SAY NO!


they are banning this drink soon so some of the kids in town baught a few cases and cellebrated it's last few weeks here in NY. I see why they are banning it, as i blacked out at some point between the band in the basement, and the blacklit room upstairs. Aparently, i wasn't the only one! It was a hell of a party. There is a time for everthing i guess, but that will be my one and only experience with Four Loko. Took me three days to recover, and this girl took a week! Just say no. lol

Soon it will be almost a month i've be gone and i've had a fun haze of a time. Lot's of drinking under the bridge, wondering, standing outside, meeting randome people, but i'm ready to go I think. This town is a moderately open hippy village, but there's always that point where it's time to move on. And it's that time.
I've got to get back to Georgia so i can be ready for my next trip. The bus is about ready to go... again! lol And i miss a few people there. (You know who you are!) I'll upload more pictures of NYC chinna town later. That was cool too. So however i get home, i hope to do so within a week or so. I'd like to be around for christmas.... though i've gotten the offer to go to Colorodo for Christmas, i don't know yet.


Wherever the wind blows.
May we all learn to ride well. 

Don't go where the trail leads, but go where it doesn't lead, and leave a trail.


1 comment:

  1. ET TU, Brute! Be careful my zephyr there are many things to explore, do it carefully! A trip to Colorado? sounds interesting are you leaning toward Yea or Nay? look forward to seeing you soon

    ReplyDelete